In Humanities class, we are learning about Ancient Civilization and one of our activity is making Ancient timeline. Here is my work:
A civilization is a community in a place where there are resources, people, leader, etc. A civilization can fight with other civilization or sometimes they also trading things with other civilization.
If I could make my own civilization, it would be in a place that has good soil to plant because I want my civilization to be rich in spices, plants, wood, rice, hay and other plants. I would like that only my family and some workers, especially farmers who are living in my civilization so I can be with my family and I can have people to work for me in my civilization. I would named my civilization “Nature’s Home”. Everyday, people working at the field or farm or forest maintaining the plants that grow there. My civilization would use paper and coins for the money. The jobs that are available are farmer, wood cutter, sculptor, businessman, businesswoman and other jobs that are connected to plants, farm and nature. I would like that my civilization be friends with other civilization so we can trade our products and I also can improve my civilization and that is why I think being friends with other civilization is good.
Here is the short presentation that I have made about my civilization:
In math, we learn about divisibility rules, we learn divisibility rules for 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10 and 12. Here are the divisibility rules:
1. All # are divisible by 1. The Identity Property. Ex. 345 ÷ 1 = 345
2. If a # is an even #, then the # is divisible by 2. Ex. 342 ÷ 2 = 171
3. If the sum of a # is divisible by 3, then the # is. Ex. 453 ÷ 3= 151 [(4+5+3) ÷ 3= 4]
4. If the 2 last place value of a # is divisible by 4, then the # is. Ex. 4220 ÷ 4 = 1055
5. If the last place value of a # is 0 or 5, then the # is divisible by 5. Ex. 450 ÷ 5 = 90
6. If a # is divisible by 2 and 3, then the # is divisible by 6. Ex. 426 ÷ 6 = 71 [(426 ÷ 2 = 213), (426 ÷ 3 = 142)]
9. If the sum of a # is divisible by 9, then the # is. Ex. 216 ÷ 9 = 24 [(2+1+6) ÷ 9 = 1]
10. If the last place value of a # is 0, then the # is divisible by 10. Ex. 450 ÷ 10 = 45
12. If a # is divisible by 3 and 4, then the # is divisible by 12. Ex. 22,236 ÷ 12 = 1853
In drama, we learn about ritual and movement. In a movement, there are:
- Side to side
Quality of movement:
- Direct (moving with purpose)
- Indirect (moving around without any purpose)
- Weight – light and heavy
- Levels – low, medium and high
- Speed – fast and slow
In Humanities class, we are learning about ancient civilization and we played a board game that related to our unit the game called the Settlers of Catan. image byMike Saechang
While playing this game, first, we need to choose where to build our civilization. My group was the last group that picked the civilization so we didn’t have as many options as the other groups and we got the spot that has 3 resources but our spot was near the desert. The most successful civilization is the civilization that has the most role number in their resources and who has the most resources. Our civilization grow not really well because or civilization was near the desert so we keep buying road; we almost got the longest road. My group mostly got rocks and weeds. We trade a few cards with other group but not every group want to trade their card if they have the same card as the card that we want to trade with. The challenges that our settlement faced are having the deserts near our civilization, having one of our resources blocked but none of our cards were stolen. I think our team did well because we discuss and communicate well and we didn’t argue with each other so I am happy about my team.
In ancient time I think civilization have difficulty in developing their civilization because if they were trading resources with other civilizations who speak different languages, it would be hard for them to communicate and also not every civilization has the things that the resources that other civilization need.
In Humanities class, we learn a new unit about civilization. We brainstorm about what does civilization means.
Here are some words that are related to civilization:
- Building (houses)
- Government (famous people, leaders)
- Tribes, people (community)
- Place (country)
All in all I think that civilization is everything that related to our lives (our community).