Answer the following questions as a comment to this post:
1) Give a summary of the film so far. Who are the central characters? Look up the names ‘Ariadne’ and ‘Mal’ and explain how they are significant.
2) How would you describe Cobb’s profession? What are the dangers associated with this profession?
3) What scenes stand out to you so far? Why?
1) Throughout the film, Cobb and his team attempt to control the perceptions of individuals so as manipulate their reality. Is the saying “perception is reality” true?
2) Make a prediction about the remainder of the film.
1) Cobb and his team specialize in manipulating someone’s thoughts or dreams to extract, or in this case plant, ideas or information. Discuss the different ways you see information manipulated in the world around you. How does the control of information impact perception/reality?
2) In the film, dreaming is an escape from reality for many of the characters. what do we use to help us escape reality in our society? Do you sometimes feel the need to escape your reality? How do you do so?
3) Do you think the top stops spinning? Is Cobb dreaming or is he awake? Does it matter? Justify your answer.